Meal Charging Policy 2023-2024
LHS/LMS Meal Prices
LES Meal Prices
Breakfast - Free
Meal Charging Policy 2023-2024
(Approved by LISD Board of Trustees 08/21/2023)
It is the goal of the Lexington ISD Child Nutrition Department to provide a meal to students daily. We realize that lunch payments are sometimes forgotten, but in an effort to cover our cost of meals and labor, parents are strongly encouraged to continually monitor their child’s meal account balance. Parents can monitor and/or pay their child's meal account online by signing up at myschoolbucks.com or by sending the money with the student. When a student’s meal account is depleted, the district will notify the parent. The student will be allowed to continue purchasing meals for up to 5 MEALS. Students are allowed to charge for full meals only. No a la carte items may be charged at any time. Cashiers will remind a student if money on their account is running low. Once these charge limits have been reached and the Child Nutrition Department is unable to work out an agreement with the student’s parent on replenishment of the student’s meal account and payment of any outstanding balance, the student will receive an alternate meal at no charge.
An alternative meal consists of a sandwich, fruit, and milk. Other meal modifications are made for students with special diets that have a Special Diet Request Form, signed by a physician, on file with the school cafeteria.
Once the student nears his/her charging limit, the cafeteria manager and/or Child Nutrition Director will provide one or more of the following reminders in an effort to help the student continue to receive school meals:
· Student receives a verbal reminder from the cashier
· Parent/guardian receives a written note or letter via the student
· Parent/guardian receives a written note or letter via the mail
· Parent/guardian receives automated message from the department. Parent/guardian receives a phone call from the child nutrition department.
Students may purchase all seconds and extra food, only if they have money in their accounts or pay with cash.
Paying for Student Meals
There are several options for parents to pay for their students’ school meals:
- Pay for each meal as student goes through serving line
- Prepay for meals by putting money on students’ meal accounts
- Giving cashiers payment as student goes through serving line
- Dropping payments off at your campus office
- Mailing payments to the school at:
c/o Lasonia Dalcour
8403 N. Hwy 77
Lexington, Texas 78947
6. Using My School Bucks web site to put money on students’ accounts
With MySchoolBucks you can view and pay* balances and charges made in the lunch rooms.
After you have registered for a free account and added a student to your account, you can view current charges, view current balance, pay* current balance, or add* money to the student account.
You will need your Student's Six Digit ID, which can be obtained from the Skyward Parent Portal. After you log into the Skyward Parent Portal, please click Student Profile. The Student ID Number - Also called Student Number - is located on this page.
To setup a free account, please click the link below and choose REGISTER FOR A FREE ACCOUNT
* There is charge applied to all payments made through the system. You can view balances and charges for free. The system is free to sign-up, however there is a charge to make payments. When you decide to make a payment, the system will show you before you pay what the handling charge. The handling/process fee is paid to the processing company, LISD does not receive any portion of the processing fee.
Monthly Easy Read Menus